2013-03-20

Bling-bling continued...

So much has happened since my last post that I'm not even going to try to list it all up...

BUT...there are some things that I'd like to show you ;-)

First of all, I spend a lot of time at home about a year ago (called being ill) and got into embroidery. Something that never really interested me before, at least not doing it myself.

But I needed something to relax my brain, and brick stitch embroidery is perfect for that. Hours and hours of doing nothing more complicated than counting to 6 ;-)

After doing a little testpiece with yarn I had in stash, I ordered some really nice silkyarn from Devere Yarns and started designing a pattern while waiting for the yarn to arrive. I didn't want to use one of the patterns that you can already see in a lot of versions on the internet, so I designed my own pattern from bits and pieces I had seen on an embroidered linnen (table?) cloth from Lübecks Marienkirche from the second half of the 14th century.

Just when I had finished drawing my pattern, the yarn arrived :-) I started on the embroidery and within a few weeks was done with it. Meanwhile I had found some nice little details I wanted to add while turning the embroidery into a small relic pouch: The seams are covered with freshwater pearls stiched on to looped silk braids just like on a small embroidered pouch once belonging to Hermann von Goch. And because I liked the little bells on Hermann's pouch so much, I had to add bells to my pouch, too ;-)


I gave the pouch to my husband (yes, I got married some time ago...) as a christmas present  and instantly started on a second one, this time to go with my new 1400 dress. But that's another story..



2 comments:

  1. I've tried to do the brick stitch and I can't figure it out any advice on how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete